Early Orthodontic Treatment at O’Keeffe Orthodontics, Waterford
When is the best time to begin Orthodontic Treatment?
Though an orthodontist can enhance a smile at any age, there is an optimal time period to begin treatment. Beginning treatment at this time ensures the greatest result and the least chances of having to extract teeth. Dr O’Keeffe likes to see children for their initial orthodontic evaluation between 9 -10 years of age or before the child looses their baby molar teeth.
What are the advantages of early interceptive treatment in growing children?
- Influence jaw growth in a positive manner
- Harmonize width of the dental arches
- Preserve or gain space for erupting permanent teeth
- Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Improve aesthetics and self-esteem
- Simplify and/or shorten treatment time for later corrective orthodontics
- Reduce likelihood of impacted permanent teeth